Sometimes Outlook application displays error messages like “Microsoft Outlook has stopped working” “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook” “No response” or “outlook not opening” when trying to open Outlook on Windows system. Due to which you will not be able to access any data stored in Outlook. Also, several Outlook users reported that Outlook is not working properly. It stalls, stops responding, hangs, or hangs while processing.
You don’t have to be a technical expert for your Outlook to start working properly when it won’t open, shows startup errors, or isn’t responding. But you do need a bit of Outlook awareness.
So if your Outlook stops working, don’t worry. This is a simple manual for investigate Outlook, for example, Outlook not working, Outlook not opening, and so on. Just go through the solutions explained here and make your Outlook program work properly.
Outlook not Opening: How To Repair Outlook Won’t Open In Windows 7?
Before beginning troubleshooting techniques, make sure you have installed all the latest updates for your version of Outlook. Keeping Outlook up-to-date is the basic restriction for Outlook to function normally.
1: Reset Navigation Pane
- Close Outlook, go to Start menu
- Open Run window (All Programs -> Accessories )
- Type Outlook / resetnavpane and hit OK
2: Safe mode
- Close Outlook and open the Run window either by pressing Windows + R or navigating to All Programs -> Accessories
- Type outlook / safe and click OK
If your Outlook is running smoothly, add-ins may be the culprit. So, go to File -> Options -> Add-ins -> Go under Manage : COM Add-ins and remove the faulty plugin.
3: Compatibility mode
- Close Outlook, find and right click Outlook . exe file
Location of Outlook.exe in
32-bit Windows: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office14
64-bit Windows: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Office \ Office14
OfficeX organizer shifts relying upon the adaptation of your Outlook
- Select Properties then Compatibility
- Disable Run this Program in Compatibility Mode
- Enable ” change settings for all users ” option
- Apply and click OK
4: Repair office program
- Close all Office programs and open Control Panel
- Select Programs and Features
- Right click on your Microsoft Office program and select Change
- Then, click the Repair button and follow the instructions on the screen
Repair PST file : Use the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) and repair your PST file. Run the Outlook with the repaired data file.
In case, Outlook is not working even after above troubleshooting then make use of Remo Outlook PST Repair Tool which will safely repair Microsoft not opening outlook 2007 on windows 7/8/10 / XP / Vista or any other version of the Windows operating system without altering its original file.
Easy Solution to How to Fix Outlook Not Working in Windows 7:
Remo Repair Outlook (PST) software easily fixes all Outlook PST file problems in few easy steps on computers with any version of Windows operating system. Apart from repairing corrupted Outlook data file, the software recovers deleted or lost emails, contacts, calendar entries, notes, tasks and other Outlook attributes.
3 Quick Steps To Fix Microsoft Outlook Won’t Open / Work On Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, Vista:
Step 1: Launch Remo Repair Outlook (PST) wizard and click Open PST File button.
Step 2: Select the PST file associated with your Outlook profile not working or not opening.
Step 3: Choose the Smart Scan , Specify a path to save the repaired PST file and click the Repair button.
After the PST file repair process, you can preview the recovered files in the repaired PST file.
Why Remo Repair To Solve Outlook Not Working Problem?
- Fix compressed and password protected PST files in a short space of time
- Extract the contents of the corrupted PST folder and save it to a new healthy file without making any changes to the original file
- Repairs oversized PST files without any difficulty
- Helps to fix Microsoft Outlook works offline problem in a safe way
- Upon completion of the PST file repair process, it provides a preview of the repaired results before saving it to any desired location
- Compatible with all versions of Outlook and Windows OS, including the latest Outlook 2016 and Windows 10
- Offers a free trial edition along with excellent technical support