People are having issues while updating Windows 10 when they press the button “Check for updates” it shows them the error 0X80240FFF. It is usually accompanied by the following message: “There have been problems installing some updates, we will try again later.”
This problem has several solutions, so we are going to show you the simplest ones first. Remember that you can try them all without fear of damaging your equipment.
SOLUTION 1 (WINDOWS 10 PRO ONLY)
- Open the start menu and click Settings (gear icon). Then in Update and Security.
- Now click on Advanced options and select the second box: “Defer updates”.
- Checking this box will automatically change the Windows update server you were assigned and the problem will be resolved.
SOLUTION 2 (ALL VERSIONS)
- Open the Windows menu and in the search box type: problems. Then click on the Troubleshooting option.
- Choose the Fix issues with the Windows Update option.
- An assistant will guide you through the process to correct the error.
SOLUTION 3 (ALL VERSIONS)
- Press Windows Key + R and type ” services.MSC ” (without quotes) and hit OK.
- Find the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) in the list.
- Once found, right-click and click Properties.
- In the General tab, check that the selected startup type is: Automatic (delayed startup).
- Press Apply.
- Without leaving the General tab, check that the Status of the service appears running, if not, click on Start.
- Press Apply and Accept.
- Please try to install the updates again.
- Once a problem is resolved, revert the changes you made during the steps in Solution 3.
Solution 4 Run CMD and fix Windows 10 update error code 0x80240fff
- Restart your computer to boot in secure mode > Open up CMD within an Admin.
- Variety: internet stop wuauserv and strike Enter > variety: net stop cryptsvc and strike Input.
- head to C:\Windows and locate SoftwareDistribution and delete or rename this folder.
- Proceed into CMD and variety: net start wuauserv and hit Input > variety: internet start cryptsvc and hit Input.
- Re-start your computer back again.
Solution 5 Restart History Intelligent Transfer Solutions to prevent 0x80240fff error
- Press Windows key + R and sort services.msc from the writing box.
- hunt Background Intelligent Transfer Services (BITS) in your listing.
- Right-click that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service, Then click Properties.
- On the final tab, adjacent to the Startup type, make sure Automatic (Delayed Start) is chosen. If it is not, choose it, and so click use.
- Next-to Service standing, assess to search out out whether the agency is launched. When it is not, simply click Start.
Also Read: Solve System_Service_Exception Stop Code Error in Windows 10